Over thirty-five years experience in heavy construction management and operations, contract value over four billion dollars. Areas of responsibility have included construction of highways, bridges, mass transit line - station - surface - elevated - underground, treatment plants, dams, canals, flood control, powerhouses, marine work, tunnels - softground - hard rock (conventional and tbm), and quarry operations. Managed staffing, presentation, estimating, project operations, settlement and contract closeout.
BS Civil Engineering - University of Minnesota.
Registered Civil Engineer, CA - VA - MD - WDC
1997-present PRESIDENT and CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER - FLOOD CONTROL AMERICA, LLC. (start up company)
1985-1996 PRESIDENT - Heavy Construction Division - Nation Wide Operation Responsible for all division operation including work selected to be bid, bid preparation and project execution.
- $380MM-cut & cover highway
- $40MM-utility relocation
- $30MM cip bridge
- $24MM - powerhouse
- $115MM-lock & dam
- $160MM-three subway stations
- $174MM - water tunnels
- $110MM - cut & cover and soft ground tunnel
- $104MM - highway reconstruction
- $168MM - sewer tunnel
- $220MM - sewage treatment plant
- $190MM - fourteen miles of highway and bridges
- $120MM - two miles of highway
- $103MM - segmental bridge
- $210MM - cut & cover highway
- $148MM - three subway tunnels and stations
- $11MM - railroad reconstruction
- $175MM two subway stations
- $250MM - cut & cover highway
- $150MM - marine embankment
- $50MM - four miles of highway reconstruction
- $25MM-up-down foundation and marine work
- $120 MM - eight different projects of lesser size involving highways, site development, utilities, building foundation and rail work.
1984 PRESIDENT MFB INC
$1MM - five projects on utilities, foundations and flood control
1976 - 1983 AREA MANAGER - Major US Contractor
Over twenty projects on transit, powerhouses, highways and tunnels
1965 - 1975 PROJECT LEVEL
Over ten projects on canals, highways, powerhouses, flood control and mass transit.
World Trade Center - VSC
FCA delivers 2nd removable floodwall system to the World Trade Center.
World Trade Center - Freedom Tower
FCA has designed and manufactured a removable floodwall system around Tower One at World Trade Center.
Florida Power and Light powerplant projects
FCA produced large-scale demountable floodwalls for flood protection at multiple powerplants.
FCA expands into Canada
FCA has delivered multiple removable flood walls to Medicine Hat, Alberta.
“The IFCW served us quite well. We are happy about the system.” - Lynn Brilz, Senior Engineer, Fargo, North Dakota